Friday, February 22, 2008

Y Chromosome Chronicles

Middle Child came home with a sheet explaining that his teacher talked about how male and female bodies are made differently and both help in the birth of a baby. It was very open-ended stuff, and part of the curriculum.

Sure enough, as I was reading it, Middle Child said, "Yeah, I have a few questions about that."

And so, I told him the facts of life.

He was grossed out.

Husband and I told him later in the evening that he needs to keep this information, true that it is, under his hat because there will be classmates of his who haven't been told. "It's not up to you to tell them how babies are made," I said.

"Don't worry, Mum. I won't say anything, but I'm a little disgusted of grown ups right now. And I used to be sorry for you for the doctor cutting your stomach to get me out but I'm glad I didn't come out the way you said is 'regular.'"

Leave it to Science Boy to like things neat and clinical.

And in other news, Baby Boy got to sit in "time out" in class today for saying, "Oh! That almost got me in the biscuits!" When I confronted him about this, he replied, "Fucking shit, Mum. 'Biscuits' isn't a bad word!"

He is in so much trouble.

0 other lazy people left a message:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing