Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Yet Another Grey Hair

Maybe I was tempting fate.

When I pick the kids up from school, most times, I let Middle Child (always out first) play in the front of the school while I chit chat with the other parents as I wait for Daughter (always one of the last kids to leave).

Today, I went to my friend's house with Baby Boy. She lives around the corner from the school so she suggested that I leave Baby Boy with her and I would go get all our kids and bring them back. When I got there, Middle Child's class was the first to be dismissed.

"Where's (Baby Boy)?" Middle Child asked.

I told him and then added we would all walk to my friend's house together with her boys, whom Middle Child thinks the sun rises and sets upon.

"Can I play outside?" he asked and, of course, I said he could, thinking he'd remember my rule of "be sure my eyes can see your eyes."

Yeah, right.

He was there one minute. The next, he was gone. Thankfully, the three remaining kids met me right at that moment, so we went looking for him. "Oh, he probably just went to my house," sluffed off the younger of my friend's children.

And he was right.

Needless to say, Middle Child has been punished.

Needless to say, I'm rethinking my allowance of letting him leave my side.

1 other lazy people left a message:

Slowplum said...

Holy crap that's frightening. It's so weird too because I saw him not three seconds before you looked outside for him. I have to watch K like a hawk for reasons like this one. One day he decided to go visit grandma & grandpa and didn't tell us... I thought he was playing in the backyard! Thank goodness they only live around the corner but even so... man oh man. I'm so glad you found him though.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing